Dress Up

Nothing to wear? Probably not quite true, but wouldn’t it be easier if we just streamlined our wardrobes to 50 must have pieces? That’s what I’m doing anyway...

The “feminine” dress

Taylor Swift copies my style

“If you want to catch a man, slap on a floaty dress and go to the polo”   my old mate Jill Beasley

My friend Jill enjoyed about 45 years of outrageous flirting. She had all the tricks and was full of advice. Not that I am interested in catching a man, or flirting at the polo for that matter,  but I  tell you what: women are supposed to wear dresses. While my usual uniform is variations on a black pants theme, earlier this year I purposefully  decided to look more feminine than I normally would and bought a full skirted dress.The positive comments flowed far more than I had ever experienced. Here is Taylor Swift (is that what she’s called?) wearing my exact dress but to be honest not looking quite as good as me in it.

I think one decent feminine dress is a must have for my 50 piece wardrobe, and this is about as girly as I am going to go. As the weather is warming I am ready to ditch the pantyhose, bare my legs to the world, and act like a lady for a change.

Tags:

13 Responses to “The “feminine” dress”

1. andi
    November 2, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Well done Sandy!
    Truly a woman who just gets on and does it.Inspiring.
    I’ll bring my dresses over Summer.
    xx :)

2. Kirsty
    November 4, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Funny … I wore a lot of gorgeous floaty dresses in Abu Dhabi … but that was when I was drinking cocktails and relaxing at glamorous beach clubs /hotels. Then again, it was 46 degrees most of the time! Now of course I’m way too busy for frocks! ;o)

3. Jana
    November 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

A very glamorous and gorgeous greek goddess friend of mine has always “collected” dresses and inspired me to do the same although I’m not quite as successful at looking exotically beautiful when wearing them as her! But, have to recommend buying one designer dress every summer (preferably NZ designer of course!), they don’t date, made in NZ never comes undone at the seems, and every summer you get those little gorgeous numbers out, make a mohito and yeah, its summertime, bring it on… !

4. November 5, 2012 at 9:53 am #

You looked absolutely stunning and beautiful in your dress on Saturday night! Congratulations on the award too! Congrats on this great blog! I love it! I agree about being more feminine and wearing more dresses… I started myself wearing more dresses and skirts too, but still jeans and leggings get on the way when you don’t want to think what to wear! :)

• sandy
      November 5, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Thanks gals for the comments. It seems a common theme seems to be feminine dresses/cocktails/having glamorous great time. I think the dress in the pic is very work-y, I will have one dress for work and one dress for bad-ass play….

5. Caroline
    November 6, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

Thank you Sandy, I’ve been handicapped in this area by the conviction that one needs a damn good excuse to wear a dress. Instantly you’ve erased such nonsense. I do not need an excuse and I will start wearing dresses just because…. :-)

• sandy
      November 6, 2012 at 9:49 am #

good on ya xs

6. Sandra
    November 12, 2012 at 6:17 pm #

Saw you in your Taylor Swift dress on Friday and you looked fab! Have already bought two dresses online and eagerly await them. If you don’t have time to dress hunt the stores, try theoutnet.com. Huge selection of fantastic designer dresses at VERY reasonable prices as they are end of lines etc. NZ$ great at the mo so exchange rate doesn’t kill the price.

• sandy
      November 12, 2012 at 7:46 pm #

oh good will check it out

7. November 15, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

So where’s a pic of you looking fab in the dress then? But I know what you mean. I too have bought a dress for the first time in years. A sheath. With a waist. Stirring times indeed.

• sandy
      November 15, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

Ok will post one when I am next wearing it, promise!

8. November 23, 2012 at 9:59 am #

Hi Sandy, great read and I must say I loved your dress yesterday!

I’m looking forward to connecting :)

• sandy
      November 26, 2012 at 11:24 am #

hello, that’s good to hear, look at the right hand side of the home page and there is a sign up box, if you click on the words SIGN UP you will be able to do it